POLISH PROJECT ADMIN WORKER (6 Months Fixed Term)
The position will be based at Europia Offices in central Manchester, but will also sometimes be required to work in Salford and other Greater Manchester locations.
Europia is the only Greater Manchester Charity (Registered Charity No 1161453) that works for the benefit of E.U. Citizens. We are a community organisation that focuses on the development, integration and general well-being of European Expats. We provide FREE support and advice on welfare rights, hate crime, and legal matters. We also conduct cultural and arts-based events and activities for the community and the general public to raise awareness of the rich cultural heritage of European Expats in Greater Manchester.
UK Living Wage £8.75 per hour (this will increase in November 2018)
Tue-Sat, 16 hours
Working hours within the week will be flexible to suit the business/candidate. May occasionally be asked to support an event on an evening or weekend and therefore flexibility would be advantageous.
November 15th – 6 months Fixed Term Contract
St Wilfrid’s Enterprise Centre, Royce Road, Manchester M15 5BJ
Important to Note: This role will sometimes be required to work in Salford and other Greater Manchester locations.
References will be required prior to you attending a final interview with the Employer.
The Business & Project Admin Worker will provide day to day administrative support to the business, the team and service users (including and not specific to Polish clients) whilst also providing excellent levels of customer service as and when required.
Tasks within the role will include:
- Filing, printing, photocopying
- Letter writing
- Assisting in reporting
- Answering the telephone
- Booking in diary appointments – meetings and events
- Assisting with the planning and delivery of Europia events across its different communities
- Assisting in the design of marketing material to support the events (leaflets e.g.)
- Making sure that any Europia updates are marketed on Social Media platforms – Facebook and Twitter
- Working as part of the team at events
- Communicating with clients in Polish and English.
- Ability to produce written work to a good standard in both Polish and English
- Good communication skills
- Able to use IT packages such as Word and Excel, Google Drive, Google Calendar, etc.
- Knowledge/interest in using Social Media as an effective communication tool (Facebook/ Twitter)
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work with a range of service providers and people from different backgrounds/cultures
- Good customer service skill and a willingness to help others
- Able to learn how to organise, manage and prioritise tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with non-English speakers
- Friendly and warm personality
- A mature outlook
- Honesty and integrity
- An ability to listen to others and show empathy
- A desire to progress
- Ability to treat people with respect and compassion
- Happy to work as part of a small team in a busy environment
- Flexible and willing to support Europia events if and when asked to
- Enjoy administration tasks
- Professional & clear communication
This is a 6-month fixed term contract initially due to funding restrictions. It is not guaranteed that a permanent offer of employment will be offered beyond this term.
Things to Consider
This opportunity will give you the chance to work in an environment that is extremely supportive of its team members and where respect is held in the highest regard.
This is a growing Social Enterprise. The team is small and extremely hard working. You will be made to feel extremely welcomed and given the opportunity to grow with the company. The rewards are immeasurable for anyone looking to work flexible hours in an Admin based role and for a company whose work is genuinely to support and serve those in the community who are perhaps more vulnerable.
Whilst no formal qualifications are required, the candidate must have previous experience within a Business Admin based capacity – and be able to demonstrate the ability to operate confidently in the role without the need for supervision/guidance.
Submit a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Midday 29h October 2018
For informal enquiries contact email@example.com