Skilled Worker Visas

If you want to come to the UK to work there various routes but the most common visa is the Skilled Worker visa which replaced the Tier 2 (General) visa.

You must have a job offer and a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) from an organisation based in the UK that holds a sponsor licence.

Applicants must be able to provide evidence that:

·   the vacancy is genuine;

·   they have the appropriate experience and skills for the job;

·   the role is at the required skill level of (RQF level 3 or above) and they will be paid the appropriate salary for the role;

·   they meet the required level of English language (currently B1 of the CEFR);

·   they have sufficient funds to maintain themselves (if maintenance is not certified by the sponsor);

·   they have a TB certificate if necessary;

·   they have a criminal record certificate if necessary;

There is no limit to the amount of time you can remain in the UK as long as you have a valid visa.  However, visas will be granted in accordance with the work start and end data entered onto the CoS by the sponsor. Applicants can only work in the job that they are being sponsored for but can take on supplementary work.

After 5 years on this route you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

Applicants must be able to show that:

·   they have spent a continuous period of five years in the UK;

·   the absence requirement is satisfied

·   They have passed the Life in the UK Test and English language test a level B1;

·   Their salary meets the minimum salary for Indefinite leave to Remain

To enquire about our immigration services, you can email us or call 07599 472568, 07955365765.


Europia Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get updates and news on Europia

Click to listen highlighted text!