Volunteers, Interns and Student Placements
We have had a number of recent student placements, with students coming from a multitude of degree backgrounds. Our most recent students were Michaela, a social work student, and Ash, a neuroscience student, who both excelled in their roles. You can read about Ash’s and Michaela’s experience through our case studies.
Volunteers, Interns and Student Placements are the backbone of Europia.
Without the dedication, passion, enthusiasm and generous offering of time & skills of volunteers, interns, and student placements, Europia could not achieve all that we do. Volunteering, internships and placements are very varied and of vital importance for our communities. It enriches our society, brings us together as a community, and helps keep businesses and other organisations afloat.
Not only are these opportunities important because they help to better your community, but it also helps to better you as an individual. It is a way to feel good about yourself. The best part is that you get to share that positivity with those you meet.
This “feel good” feeling is actually shown to decrease your risk of depression because it keeps you active and helps you make new, fulfilling connections. Additionally, it’s a good way to reduce the stress that may come from work or your relationships.
Roles and Opportunities Available to Volunteers, Interns and Placements at Europia include:
- Interpreters: To assist at advice sessions by either coming on the day or interpreting on the phone.
- Translators: To translate text, audio and video content for a range of purposes.
- Administration Assistants: To gain more experience with administration, to help with the day to day running of the charity. Desired skills: IT skills, professional communication skills in an office setting, working with programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Publisher, Canva and Google Drive.
- Accounts: Bookkeeping
- Event Planners: Develop skills and experience in planning events from organising the event to liaising with other organisations.
- Event Assistants: Support and assist with the setting up and running of events, and learn presentation and administration skills.
- Research Assistants: Helping to carry out research about our communities.
- Fundraising Coordinators: People who have experience with fundraising or want to get experience in this area.
- Advice Worker Assistants: People to assist in our Advice and Support team.
- Health and Wellbeing: Support of various kinds in the Health and Wellbeing team.
To register your interest, please complete the Europia Volunteer Application form.
Please also visit Europia’s page about Working with Europia.